- Accepted Outside Certifications
- Check Rides
- Live Timing Apps
- On Track Expectations
- Convertibles and Rollbar Requirements
Accepted Outside Certifications: Texas Region Time Trials recognizes on track certifications from groups besides SCCA. A list of commonly accepted certifications are listed below. This list is not conclusive, and if you do not see your certification listed please feel free to contact our Chief Driving Instructor.
- SCCA Club Race competition license
- APEX Intermediate or Advanced
- Chin Track Days Intermediate or Advanced
- ECR IPD/APD Solo Approved
- Edge Addicts Intermediate or Advanced
- NASA TT/Race
- The Drivers Edge Intermediate or Advanced
Check Rides: When coming from an outside group or seeking to graduate between groups, you or an instructor may ask you to perform a check ride. A separate instructor will ride with you for a few laps and observe your on track abilities. The instructor will be looking at the below criteria to determine if you are eligible to graduate to the next group:
- Knowledge of all flags and is looking at all flag stations when on track
- Demonstrable knowledge of track conditions and optimal racing line
- Demonstrates “360 degree awareness”
- Appropriate car control for the limits of their car and driving abilities
- Knowledge of point-by procedures (giving and taking)
- (Time Trials only) Pace appropriate for their car, modifications, and competitors in the Time Trials group
Transponder Info: Texas Region uses the MyLaps AMB transponder and decoder system. Any MyLaps vehicle transponder is compatible with our decoder system. All of our events have rental transponders available If you have any questions about timing, please contact our Chief of Timing and Scoring.
Live Timing Apps: Our events have two live timing options available. We use both the MyLaps Speedhive and RaceHero apps. Both apps receive the same timing information and are available free of charge on both Android and iOS devices.
On Track Expectations: Anyone who is solo approved may be bumped back to novice due to unsafe on-track actions, including but not limited to:
- Multiple bad passes
- Multiple off-track events
- Repeated missed flags
- Repeated blend line violations (if track applicable)
- Any other recurring unsafe actions on track
Convertibles and Rollbar Requirements: For Texas Region Time Trials events, convertibles year 2005 and older must have an appropriate rollbar installed as part of the safety requirements. Any convertibles year 2006 and newer are not explicitly required to have a rollbar installed, but they must meet the safety requirements/limitations listed in the SCCA National Time Trials Level 1 safety rules.