The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) cordially invites all fellow car enthusiasts to a fun Rally on the back roads of Collin and Grayson counties. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is required.
This will be a photo rally. We use photos to identify intersections where you must execute an instruction to follow the course. We also identify interesting objects along the route from photos. Course following will be easy. All photo places have an in-case-you-miss-it option. Photo instructions have options. Score by selecting the correct option, as well as by identifying which photos you see and in what order.
- Rally Day: Saturday, March 25, 2023
- Check-in and starting place: Chrysler Jeep Dodge City, 700 S. Central Expwy, McKinney, TX 75070
- Registration/check-in: 8:15 to 9:00 am
- Car No. 1 leave the start: 9:31 am
- Car No.1 finishes at Mariachi’s: ~ 2:15 pm
- Awards: ~ 3:45 pm
- Length: around 90-100 miles
- Finish: Mariachi’s Fine Mexican Food, 1909 Texoma Pkwy, #103, Sherman, TX 75090, where we will gather for a beverage or meal, announcements and awards
- Rally type: GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally
- Route: paved roads in Collin and Grayson counties, Texas
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (optional class: no trophies).
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $28; Weekend Members $40 (includes membership fee). A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: Liz Witt
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a few days in advance. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, follow this link to MotorsportReg.com: http://msreg.com/CBS23msr
A short virtual Rally School on Sunday, March 19th will go over the rules and instructions for this rally. For details and to pre-register for the School, go to http://msreg.com/CBS23RSmsr. For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video recording of the session.
This is the second event in the 2023Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 23-RRRG-60111. It qualifies for Texas Region Championship points but does not qualify for National Championship points.
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is conducting a virtual Rally School as orientation for the upcoming Clear Blue Sky Rally. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is necessary.
If you signed up, are planning to sign up, or are undecided but considering signing up, for the Clear Blue Sky Rally (scheduled for March 25), then we invite you to a short Rally School. This virtual school will introduce the rally types and discuss the rules and instructions for the upcoming Rally. It will cover Route Instructions, General Instructions, terminology and conventions, questions used for scoring, and rally procedures for GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) type rallies. Liz Witt, Rallymaster for the Clear Blue Sky Rally will be your instructor.
Rally School Day is Sunday, March 19th. The “classroom” instruction will be conducted via Zoom session. Class begins at 1:00 pm and should run for about an hour and a half, including time for Q&A. For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video recording of the session and will share information on how to access it after the Rally School.
There is no charge for this event. You must pre-register on MotorsportReg.com. To pre-register, follow the link: http://msreg.com/CBS23RSmsr. Registration is per individual, not per team/car. To keep track of who attended and any follow-ups, please register each individual attendee separately, if possible. Note: if you plan to register for the Clear Blue Sky Rally we strongly urge you to do so early and in time to also attend this Rally School and/or view the recorded session.