THE DFW MAP RALLY IS BACK!
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) invites you to a fun drive in the country in Parker and Wise Counties, Texas. We give you a map with several waypoints and you visit these specific locations on the map. With this year’s theme, locations to be visited are all cemeteries. Plot your route to the tombstones!
You determine your route and drive to each location, which will be verified by the Richta GPS smartphone app. The team who visits all the required landmarks in the shortest distance will win, and the winners will receive awards. It is not a speed or racing contest. Scores are automatically reported to the Rallymaster. No score sheet to fill out. Beginning this year, we will encourage all contestants to download and use a GPS-based odometer app, as a way to ensure consistency of mileage measurements across all entrants, instead of our usual pre-rally odometer calibration check. We will send you information on these apps and procedures for their use after you pre-register. And we plan to conduct a brief Rally School via Zoom and/or post a YouTube video with further guidance to help prepare for the rally. We encourage you to attend the School or view the video. Details to follow.
- Rally Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Registration and Starting Place: David Beard’s Catfish & Seafood, 1303 Northwest Pkwy (TX-199), Azle, TX 76020
- Registration opens at 9:30 am on Rally Day. Registration will close at 10:00 am (times may be adjusted).
- After registration, you will receive your maps and instructions for locating fifteen or so locations in northern Parker County and southern Wise County that you have to visit.
- Take 30 minutes to determine your route from maps provided. No GPS/electronic aids permitted here.
- Cars leave the official start whenever you are ready, in any order (but at 1-minute intervals). First car out about 10:15 am.
- Length: as short as you can make it in miles, probably about 4 hours in time
- Finish: David Beard’s Catfish & Seafood, 1303 Northwest Pkwy (TX-199), Azle, TX 76020
- In the unlikely event that you encounter any odometer problems or discrepancies, you will be instructed upon return to conduct an odometer calibration run, which starts and ends back at David Beard’s Catfish
- Rally type: Shortest distance rally. SCCA calls this a GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally.
- Route: You choose your route from maps provided. You may use any public road you wish in your attempt to log the shortest distance on your odometer. Depending on your chosen route, you may encounter stretches of unpaved road, though we think that the shortest-distance route will be all paved.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies). GPS and other electronic aids welcome in any class once you’re on the road.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, Hot Rods, Cruisers, Convertibles, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $25.00; Weekend Members $35 (includes membership fee). A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: John Poulos
On public roads, always at legal speeds, with plenty of entertainment for you and your team partner!
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a week in advance. It gives you time to prepare and us time to properly plan for awards and other car-count-dependent arrangements. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, follow this link to MotorsportReg.com: http://msreg.com/DMR22msr
This is the sixth event in the 2022 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 22-RRRG-59037. It qualifies for Texas Region Championship points but does not qualify for National Championship points.
Information for the next Rally School will be posted soon.