Hate waiting in lines? Want more time for coffee and breakfast on Sunday mornings before you jump in your car to run? Then this program is for you!
What Is It?
Annual tech certification allows you to tech your own car before arriving at the event, so no waiting in the morning tech line at each event. That means you have much more time for course walking, final prep of your car or just bench racing with friends before the event starts.
Having extra time and a good pre-event checklist which we provide will help catch any problems that could prevent you from competing so they can be corrected before you come out. As a side benefit, Tech will get finished quicker with fewer cars lined up so we’ll be able to get events started on time.
How Does It Work?
Download the tech form linked above and read through the program details. Verify your name is in the eligibility list. Print the tech form and then inspect your car. If you do not feel comfortable inspecting your own car, you may take it to a mechanic or race shop of your choice. Sign the form and then bring it, and your car to one of the annual tech dates listed below.
Participating in annual tech means you are responsible for checking your own car before every event. Once you come to an event you must check in at the tech line, sign your name on the annual tech list, get your tech sticker, and that’s it! No need to bring your car or wait in line to get inspected.
Best of all, annual tech is offered at no charge!
No rule book or SCCA membership is required, only recent participation in at least five autocross events. Eligible names are listed on page 7-8 of the annual tech form linked above.
If you change any major component on your vehicle during the season, you must contact the Chief of Tech for re-inspection.
What To Bring
- Your car must be presented as if you were participating at an event. If you drive to the inspection day on street tires, your ‘racing’ wheels & tires must also be presented for inspection.
- Your helmet will be checked for the correct safety rating. The SCCA National helmet certifications can be found on the SCCA website here: https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
- The class letters and numbers for your car must be presented for inspection. They do NOT need to be installed on your car.
- Temporary/tape numbers will not be permitted for annual tech
- Completed Tech Form
- Download, review, print, and sign the tech form linked above
What if I Fail?
If you fail tech for any reason you may bring your car back to a later annual tech date for re-inspection. You may also ask permission to be re-inspected during one of the regular TXR SCCA Solo/Autocross events.
Annual Tech Inspection Dates
- February 11th, 2023
- 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Kraken Motorsports in Fort Worth
- 1929 Golden Heights Rd Suite 1104, Fort Worth, TX 76177
- February 18th, 2022
- 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Detail Garage in Prosper
- 711 Industry Way Suite 35, Prosper, TX 75078