Time Trials & Track Event
Time Trials National Tour at Eagles Canyon Raceway
May 21-23, 2021
National TT and Texas Region Points Event
Drivers will tackle the 2.7-Mile Eagles Canyon Raceway and vie for the best single lap during Time Attack lapping sessions and combine that with a furious no-endurance needed point-to-point TrackSprint event. The best times from each will be combined to determine finishing order and the top three overall and in each class stand on the KONI Podium and take home the trophies.
June 5, 2021
Texas Region Time Trial #2
Eagles Canyon Raceway, 1.65 CCW Track
This event has three registration options – Track Day – Novice, Track Day – Experience, and Time Trial. Please choose the correct element during the registration process:
- Track Day – Novice (NG) element is open to novices with little or no track experience. This will help you improve your track skills and knowledge. This is simular to HPDE or PDX in other programs. NG drivers will participate in classroom sessions covering track driving concepts, flagging, etiquette, and more. Also there is track time to practice what you have learned with lead-follow. When you are ready, you will be signed off to solo. This will also earn you a SCCA Time Trial Novice license. You are required to sign up for this if you have not been signed off to solo on track with SCCA or another group.
- Track Day – Experience (EG) is for those who have been signed off to solo by our novice group or other driving groups and would like to have some fun with their car on track or time to practice before starting competition.
- The Time Trials (TT) element is a timed event (SCCA level 2 Track Event), with the option to participate in the 2021 Time Trials Championship Series.
- Driver qualification for Time Trials will be as follows:
- Hold a current SCCA Competition license, or a history of tracking events with SCCA or SCCA recognized organizations such as PCA, NASA, CHIN, BMW, PBOC, etc; or
- Hold a current SCCA PDX License; or
- Hold an SCCA PDX log book that indicates the ability to ‘solo’ and has successfully completed at least 3 SCCA PDX events; or
- Has been approved to drive solo by any of the following HPDE schools: Apex, Drivers Edge, Chinn, Eagles Canyon, Edge Addicts.
- Receive an entry waiver from the Event Chief Driving Instructor.
- Driver qualification for Time Trials will be as follows:
If you do not meet the requirements of 1-4 above, you can request an entry waiver by contacting the Chief Driving Instructor, Sam Graff. All drivers approved for participation who do not meet 1-4 above and who don’t have and entry waiver will need to choose the Novice Group (NG) option when registering. NG drivers will have an instructor assigned to them for the day.
*Your AMB transponder must be compatible with our timing system. If you’re not sure, please email Taylor Burnidge for clarification.
2021 Time Trials Championships
|Dates||Event / Type||Track|
|April 17||Regional Time Trial||MotorSport Ranch, Cresson 1.7 CW|
|May 22-23||National TT and Texas Region points event||Eagles Canyon Raceway|
|June 5||Regional Time Trial||Eagles Canyon Raceway 1.65 CCW|
|July 17||Regional Time Trial||Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 CW|
|August 21||Regional Time Trial||MotorSports Ranch, Cresson 1.7 CCW|
|September 19||Regional Time Trial||Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 CW|
|November 20||Regional Time Trial & Enduro||Eagles Canyon Raceway 2.7 CCW|
|December 4||Regional Time Trial / Toy Run||MotorSports Ranch, Cresson 1.3 CCW|
* You must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver license. Convertibles, unless they are equipped with a hard top or an approved roll bar/hoop, are not allowed, See exceptions. Cars with other removable tops like, t-tops, and targa tops must meet appropriate safety regulations. The following convertibles are approved. MINI Cooper Convertibles, 2002 Porsche Boxster, and the Honda S2000 have been approved by the manufacturer as having factory rollover protection.
2021 Tire Rack SCCA Time Trials National Tour Powered by Hagerty:
More information on registration will be announced.
March 13-14: VIRginia International Raceway, Alton, VA
April 10-11: Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, CA
May 22-23: Eagles Canyon Raceway, Decatur, TX
June 10-13: Tire Rack Time Trials Nationals, NCM Motorsports Park, Bowling Green, KY
July 3-4: Palmer Motorsports Park, Palmer, MA
July 17-18: GingerMan Raceway, South Haven, MI
July 24-25: Ridge Motorsports Park, Shelton, WA
November 6-7: Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta, Braselton, GA (tentative)
Hargerty offers coverage for your vehicle while it’s on the track, unlike your standard insurance plan.
Texas Region SCCA Time Trials welcoms another Sponsor for 2019 – XPEL Films. They have a couple of offers for the series –
Offer #1 – 20% off Trac Wrap for all Time Trial drivers. Info on Tracwrap – https://youtu.be/Oe0-RZUFUWM
TRACWRAP “STOP ROCK CHIPS and ditch that blue painters tape today by using TRACWRAP by XPEL. This temporary do-it-yourself paint protection film provides the same durability you’d expect from a more permanent clear bra, but with the ease of a do-it-yourself installation. TRACWRAP is an 8mil thick polyurethane film designed specifically to prevent rock chips and scratches during track days, autocross, road trips, transport, and more. We’re proud to support SCCA Texas by offering 20% off ALL TRACWRAP sizes. To order your TRACWRAP by XPEL with your discount, call 1-210-678-3700 and place your order over the phone. Be sure to mention promo code “SCCA Texas” for your 20% off TRACWRAP.
TRACWRAP is available in the following sizes and prices. Pricing is BEFORE 20% Club Discount.
4” x 20’ – $24.99
4” x 100’ – $114.99
6” x 40’ – $69.99
6” x 100’ – $172.99
12” x 40’ – $138.99
12” x 60’ – $207.00
12” x 100’ – $344.99
18” x 40’ – $206.99
18” x 60’ – $310.50
18” x 100’ – $517.99”
Track Experience, (TE) is a great way to get qualified. The Track Experience instruction program provides an instructional environment for drivers who simply want learn or improve their driving skills and increase their enjoyment of driving their vehicle. True to the “run what ya brung” adage, all it takes to be a part is your street car, a valid license and a helmet.
TE events are about you, the driver. Plenty of seat time, plenty of individual instruction and a ton of driving exercises make up a Track Experience; all of which is designed to educate you and make you more confident behind the wheel, both on the track and on the street.
Participants receive a solid blend of driving instruction, ranging from the classroom to in-car training to “follow me” drills. A wide range of topics are discussed and shown at a TE, including: following a “racing line”, passing zones, Safe Track techniques and other general driving skills. Of course, each driver receives feedback from his or her instructor at the end of each lesson.
When you’re ready to race against the clock, Time Trials is ready for you. Time Trials builds on the instruction you received in the Track Experience classes while allowing drivers their first chance at competing against time. Competition classes are formed (with both street and fully-prepared race cars), and winners are decided by fastest time around the course.
Time Trials is limited to drivers who meet the following on-track qualifications:
Are you certified by a qualified HPDE or performance driver’s school?
Do you have a car that meets our regional requirements? (Our rules and supplemental rules.
Do you have a qualifying helmet?