Join us at Buc-ee’s (near Texas Motor Speedway) for the first rally of our new season. After about a 90 mile drive on some of the scenic hard surfaced country roads in Denton and Wise Counties, you and your sweetheart (or rally partner) will end up back at Buc-ee’s. As usual, Jerry White will be the rallymaster for this event.
This rally is about solving puzzles (many related to sweethearts) using signs and objects found along the rally route. One penalty point will be assessed for each correct solution you don’t mark as being found and one penalty point will be assessed for each incorrect solution you mark as being a found correct one. Low score wins. Puzzles can have from zero (0) to four (4) correct solutions. There will never be more than one puzzle active at a time. This is not a contest of speed or racing.
The rally will make use of the Richta GPS smart phone app to help navigate the course and a Google Forms template for entering puzzle solutions in real time on a smart phone, tablet or laptop. We will send you information on these tools after you pre-register, and conduct a brief Rally School via Zoom ahead of the event to help prepare for the rally. More to follow on this.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures have been developed and will be put into place to support this objective.
You should not have to get out of your car. All of the registration materials and rally materials needed for the event will be available online or sent to you via email, and can be completed there or, if applicable, you can print them and bring them with you. In some cases (e.g., Minor Waivers that have not been notarized) we will witness you signing the completed form.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you and to make the decision on whether or not to participate.
If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site, please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Awards: First Timers, Novices (every person in the vehicle has won 2 or less rally trophies), and General Class.
- Optional Master Class for those who want bragging rights but don’t want any more trophies.
- Start and finish at: Buc-ee’s parking lot, 15901 N Frwy, Fort Worth, TX 76177
- Registration/Check-In: 11:00 am – noon.
- General Instructions Review: conducted during Rally School via Zoom session ahead of event – more to follow on this.
- Mandatory Safety Briefing: 12:10pm
- Car 1 receives their Leg 1 Route Book: 12:21 pm (Car 2, 12:22pm, etc.)
- There will be a rest break in Decatur.
- First car should finish at Buc’ee’s parking lot around 5:00 pm; results to be announced and trophies awarded around 6:00pm
- Automated scoring using Google Forms on a smart phone, tablet or laptop.
- Vehicles: Sports cars, family sedans, pickup trucks, SUV’s and anything else with 4 wheels that’s street legal (bring something that you will be comfortable in and will have fun driving on back roads and byways, many of which are oil & chip). Speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed.
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $25; Weekend Members $35 (includes membership fee). You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
- About two weeks before the rally the General Instructions will be posted on https://roadrally.page. About a week before the event the General Instructions will be emailed to those who preregister by then.
- Contact the rallymaster at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Come on out and discover what game/trivia/adventure (GTA) rallying is all about!
All entrants must pre-register – no same-day registration allowed – and you are advised to pre-register as early as possible. Notice too that registration closes two days before the rally, rather than the evening before the event. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
This is the first event in the 2021 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. The rally is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by the SCCA under Sanction Number 21-RRRG-20751 it does not qualify for the National SCCA RoadRally Championship
Rally School Day is Saturday, February 6th. You will be able to maintain social distancing for the whole event. The “classroom” instruction will be conducted via Zoom session. Class begins at 10:30 am and should run for about an hour and a half, including time for Q&A.
Following the instruction session, you’re free to run a short test course over paved roads near the Rally starting point, the Buc-ee’s near Texas Motor Speedway; start and finish locations will be specified in the route instructions. You may complete this test run on Rally day, arriving an hour or two before sign-up time, or any day or time at your convenience. Any street-legal, four-wheel vehicle may enter. At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car. This is not a speed event.
Follow-up questions after the event should be directed to Jerry White at email@example.com, who will compile them and post and/or distribute answers to all entrants. We plan to record the Zoom session and post it as well, and will share information on how to access it after the Rally School.
There is no charge for this event. You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
Note: if you plan to register for the Sweetheart Ride Road Rally, we strongly urge you to do so early and in time to also attend this Rally School and/or view the recorded session.
Registration is by person, not by car. Even if your rally partner(s) will be with you while attending the Zoom session, we would ask that each individual register for the School, so we can have a complete record of attendees, and be in best position to reach out to everyone with follow-up information.
If you choose to do the test drive referenced in this Rally School, please abide by the following requirements. There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition.
Hello to our old friend, the RoadRally. SCCA’s oldest activity is making a comeback, and there are plenty of opportunities for you to give it a shot in 2020…
2021 Rally Events / Results
|February 6||School Registration Open||Sweetheart Ride Road Rally Orientation / Rally School|
|February 14||Rally Registration Open||Sweetheart Ride Road Rally|
|May 1||DFW Map Rally|
|June 19||On Time Rally|
|August 21||Targa Road Rally (part of TT / RoadRally / Autocross Targa weekend)
|October 23||ONTO Fall National Course Rally|
|October 23||ONTO Fall National GTA Rally|
|October 24||Aftershock National Tour Rally|
2020 Rally Events / Results
|February 9||Results||Sweetheart Ride Road Rally|
|TBD||DFW Map Rally|
|October 10||Completed||Rally School|
|October 17||Overall Results|
|October Cancelled||ONTO Fall Rally (National Course/GTA/Tour event March 27/28 2021)|
|October 31 Cancelled||Targa Road Rally|